The Grade RR – Grade 7 learners of the School follow the British International Key Stage Education Curriculum, incorporating the International Cambridge Mathematics and Science Curriculum, supplemented with CAPS material to make integration in South African system schools possible.
The Grade RR – 7 learners follow a quality based curriculum which aims to:
- provide opportunities for all learners to learn and to achieve;
- promote learners’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and to prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
This curriculum places a high value on:
- teaching children to communicate and work effectively with others,
- the ability of the learners to express themselves verbally and in writing,
- to use information technology with ease in practical situations,
- to solve problems by thinking logically using the facts at hand.
All Grade 4 – 7 learners take the following subjects:
- English, First Language
- Afrikaans, Second Language
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- General Science
- Life Orientation
- Performing Arts
In addition to stimulating the academic growth of these learners, they also participate in a variety of social events like Speech and Reading competitions. The English and Afrikaans classes contain class libraries where learners can borrow English and Afrikaans books to read at their leisure.