Klerksdorp Christian Academy (KCA) is a Private, Interdenominational, Non-racial, Christian School, covering Grades RR to Grade 7. It was founded in 1989 by Helena and André de Kock (Directors Education and Development, and Administration and Financial Planning, respectively), together with a team of dedicated staff.
The School endeavours to offer an education that will meet the demands of the 21st century in a loving and caring environment.
We follow a well-developed, stable and successful Keystage curriculum.
During 2014 we will again offer an extended school day (full day option) for Grades RR – 7 from 07h30 – 17h00 with an extended curriculum that will ensure a well-balanced, well-rounded education.
Together with the academic subjects your child will receive weekly classes in: Music, Drama, Arts and Crafts, Physical Development, and Computer Skills. Your child will also be guided through Educational Interactive Games, and full day learners attend the Bible Club on a Friday afternoon.
A light lunch will be provided between morning and afternoon sessions.
Our small classes mean individual attention for all learners.
The mission of the Academy is to give an excellent, value-based, affordable world class education to any child, irrespective of race, without becoming an “elite” private school. The Academy is Christian-based in the sense that the “Manufacturer’s Handbook of Life” (The Bible) is taken as a guideline in all matters, and that a personal relationship with God as Father through the Lord Jesus Christ is the essence of life. No doctrine or denomination is emphasized. Respect and tolerance towards others who think otherwise, are encouraged. We endeavour to develop the total person and desire to establish principles of success and character to prepare learners for life and leadership.
Summarised as follows the Academy endeavours:
- To offer quality, affordable, value-based education, that will empower the learners at every level of their lives.
- To build a strong academical and vocational foundation together with excellence in character.
- To assist, facilitate and guide people in their relationship with God, their Creator and Saviour Jesus Christ, with Whom they can establish a personal relationship.
- To release strong leadership for our country and its people, bringing forth excellence, fairness, faith, honesty, hope, human dignity, integrity, joy, justice, kindness, love, patience, peace, tolerance, equity and quality, in every aspect of their lives.
- To provide a loving, caring environment in which all our children can develop not only intellectually, but also spiritually and socially. We aim to help our children meet life’s challenges and to experience God’s great love for us all.